Being a marketing coordinator for a start up or a small business owner can be challenging when it comes to getting people to discover your website and your brand, especially when you do not really have any budget or a very small amount of money to work with. However, there are still ways to attract people to your website without much of a budget of all. Digital Marketing doesn’t have to be expensive! Here are 6 quick tips below to help you get started! For the full article please see it on Forbes.com
- Use search engines to your benefit: You may need to have a little bit of SEO knowledge to help you with this one. Find out what words people are searching for related to your business and structure your websites content around that. There are a lot of tools out there which can assist you with this, or a quick Google search will give you a good idea what words other businesses are putting in their titles.
- Check broken links on your site: See what pages have been deleted on your website and not redirected to the next closest page. You can find these in your Google Search Console.
- See who is talking about you: There are tools such as ‘Mention’ and ‘Awario’ that track whenever your brand is mentioned. This is a good way to see who has written about you, reach out to them and then ask for a link back to your website. Remember to be polite!
- Update old content: Google loves fresh and up to date information. If you have content on your website that is for example, over a year old, it will be a good idea to update it so you still look like an authoritative figure in your industry.
- Outreach hustle: This may take a bit of time but in the end is definitely worth it. Get in touch with like minded individuals and businesses (not competitors) and see if there is any opportunity for them to mention you for a small incentive (sshhh, if you wont tell, we wont!). This can also be known as PR but without the expensive price tag!
- Tweak ranking content: See what words are bringing up your website in the search engines which are not on page yet (but maybe top of page 2). Sometimes a few little tweaks to that page here and here and a bit of a content refresh can see those keywords ranking sky high in no time! Quick wins 101!
These are just a few ways you can generate some more traffic to your website if there is not much of a budget to work with. However, you need to really be staying active, creating new and relevant content and making sure people constantly talking about your brand for best results.